Bread & Butter Pudding
Gluten Free Bread & Butter Pudding with vanilla strawberries
- 2 loafs of PureBred White Farmhouse Loaf, crusts removed and cut diagonally
- 200g butter at room temperature
- 6 eggs
- 300ml thickened cream
- 300ml Milk
- 150g Caster Sugar + 30g separate for strawberries
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 orange, zested
- 100g sultanas
- 1 punnet of strawberries, diced
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds removed
- 250ml Pouring Cream, to finish
Preheat an oven to 180°C Line an oven dish with butter on the base and around all sides. Butter the Bread on one side and place into the backing dish with the points up. Pack the PureBred White Farmhouse Loaf in tightly.
In a bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, milk, cream, cinnamon, orange zest and sultanas. Pour the mixture over the layered bread, use a knife to make sure the mixture soaks between the layers of bread.
Put into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Mix diced strawberries with the vanilla and sugar, leave to combine while the pudding bakes. To serve place a large spoon of bread and butter pudding on the plate, top with strawberries and drizzle with pouring cream.